Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wenge in wood
































Week 49 in Luna Jubilee's colour challenge asked us to dress in the colour wenge.
I live and learn: Wenge is the name of some sort of hard dark wood from Africa, used in furniture, instruments and bows.
Had we (my RL person and me) had more time this week, I might have gone to an African SIM, shot an animal with my bow and then played a wenge guitar around the camp fire. But we hadn't, so I stayed home.
I was also told by Wikipedia that wenge wood, when cut, might look like a partridge. So I found a dress somewhat looking like a partridge - and developed the bird theme with my cute little mesh Lolo bird Gloomy who is of the proper hue for the week's theme. It exists in many colours, and can sit on your shoulder, follow you flying and walking, roam etc.
I lost it shortly after rezzing it, but it was graciously given to me again by the kind creator WADE1jya.

Of course we must have a look at a beautiful wooden object made from wenge:
This is a wenge chair, designed by Hans Wegner , the Danish modernist furniture designer, one of the main forces behind what we know as Danish Design. He said about his design ideas : "Many foreigners have asked me how we made the Danish style. And I've answered that it...was rather a continuous process of purification, and for me of simplification, to cut down to the simplest possible elements of four legs, a seat and combined top rail and arm rest."


And finally a close up for no obvious reason. Just out of love for my Chain and Vine skin  


What I'm wearing:

Dress: [District] Maxine Maxi/Brown (I can't find the slurl, as I have problems with seeing creators' profiles (or any profiles) at the moment)
Jewellery : all from Dark Mouse 
                    Flights of Fancy Necklace (Copper)
                    Fossilized Bracelets - Copper 
                    Chandelier Earrings - Silver 
Shoes : [PM] Pixel Mode - Fae Wedges - Khaki
Hair: Jay in Chestnut  from Calico Ingmann Creations
Skin: Chain and Vine LAEL Stargazer T2 Skin 1 DB Natural Cleavage
Eyes : - bright - massive lead from Poetic Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment